The idea of self-love has been tossed around since seemingly forever. And it seems like a lack of love for one’s self is all-too-often the diagnosis for all sorts of issues.
But what does it even mean to love yourself?
According to Psychology Today, self-love is “a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth”. Which makes sense, because if you appreciate and love yourself, you’ll automatically make decisions that support your best interests, right?
At the top of the list of easy ways to learn to love yourself more is using positive affirmations for self-love and self-concept.
In this post, I’m going to share 50 self-love affirmations to help get you on the right path.
How To Use Affirmations For Self-Love & Self-Concept
First, just in case you don’t know what to do with this list of positive affirmations for self-love, I want to share a few basic ideas to help you out.
I did write an extensive post full of creative ideas for how to use affirmations — feel free to check that out!
But here are the basics for a brief refresher.
1- Speak them into the mirror in the morning
A technique popularized by the late Louise Hay, known as mirror work, involves gazing softly at your own reflection in the mirror and stating positive, loving affirmations to yourself. You could do this in just a few minutes each day and it will really help you make long-lasting change in your life.
The book Mirror Work is a 21-day program that guides you through the entire process. It is highly recommended because it will totally change how you view yourself in just five minutes a day.
Many people report making sweeping life changes because of this book – from curing addictions and eating disorders, to losing weight, attracting love and relationships into their lives and earning more money in their careers. Just by starting with their reflection in the mirror.
I’ve created an in-depth mirror work tutorial for you to get started with mirror work right away!
Check it out for yourself if you’d like to save time and jump-start your daily affirmation practice with ease.
2- Subliminal Affirmations
If none of the above options suits you, you might like to try subliminal affirmations!
Subliminal affirmations are recorded affirmations played at a very low sound, underneath soothing music or ambient sound.
That way, your conscious mind hears just the music, while your subconscious mind processes the positive affirmations!
A huge benefit here is that you can basically manifest on auto-pilot!
Play your subliminal affirmations while at the gym, doing chores, or even sleeping. It’s one of the easiest ways to get started using positive affirmations, and I highly recommend it.
I’ve had great success with it myself.
If you’re curious about how they work, here’s a free sample subliminal affirmation mp3 that you can try!
For this, you pick one of the shorter self-love affirmations and treat it like a mantra. Repeat it over and over in your head while focusing on your breath.
Try the 55×5 method using one of these self-love affirmations to boost your sense of self-worth.
Write your self-love affirmations on post-it notes and stick them in places where you’re likely to see them. Like on your bathroom mirror or on your fridge.
You can download your free set of printable positive affirmations bookmarks that I created for you!
All you do is print them out, set aside a bit of time to color them with your favorite colors, then pop them into your favorite book.
It’s a more unique way to focus on positive affirmations that maybe you haven’t thought of before.
Get your free printable positive affirmation adult coloring page bookmarks here.
50 Positive Affirmations For Self-Love, Self-Concept & Self-Esteem
Here are 50 positive self-love affirmations to increase your sense of self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem.
- I am beautiful.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- Abundance flows through me.
- I view challenges as opportunities for growth.
- My every step is one of courage.
- I am successful.
- I am responsible for the outcomes I receive in life.
- My response to difficulty is love.
- I completely love and accept myself.
- I am radiant and full of joy.
- Grounded and focused is how I move around in the world.
- I deserve the best life has to offer.
- Every morning is a new chance to enjoy life.
- I am a good person.
- I am valuable.
- Love surrounds me.
- My life is filled with abundance.
- I am confident.
- Every day is another chance to grow and improve.
- Authentic self-expression is a key principle of mine.
- I feel truly and deeply loved.
- I belong here on Earth.
- What is for me, nothing can take away.
- I am here on Earth for a reason.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- Nothing can stop me from reaching my goals.
- I am a creative being.
- I am strong and resilient.
- There is nobody else on the planet who is exactly like me.
- I honor and respect my body.
- It is safe for me to say “no” to things I do not want.
- I love every part of my body.
- I thank my body for everything it has done and continues to do for me.
- My mind is strong.
- I acknowledge my limitations as well as my strengths – both make me unique.
- I am special.
- All that I need is within me.
- Life is a gift and I am so grateful to simply be alive.
- I am healthy.
- I have more than enough energy to accomplish my goals each day.
- It is safe for me to ask for what I want.
- I enjoy expressing my true personality through my style and appearance.
- I love and value myself, which causes others to treat me with respect.
- The universe is working overtime to bring me the things I want in life.
- I completely trust myself to make good decisions.
- I am deserving of love and compassion.
- My mind, body and spirit work together in perfect harmony.
- I am enough.
- I am balanced.
- The universe supports me fully.
How Will You Use Self-Love Affirmations?
Self-love affirmations can be incredibly powerful tools to help you develop a positive mindset and a healthy outlook on who you are.
Hopefully this list of 50 affirmations for self-love, self-confidence, and self-worth will help you create more of what you do want in life – and less of what you don’t.
Sending you all the love and light you deserve.